• All
  • Articles
  • Squawks
  • Trade views
  • Must reads
  • Videos
  • Calendar
Write a Squawk
No posts
  • Squawk / 15 October 2015 at 14:18 GMT
    "We also forecast that over the next 12-18 months the banking sector will return to profitability, albeit at weak levels, thanks to a reduction in the cost of risk," says Ms Vinuela. However, Moody's expects that the capacity of Portugal's banks to generate recurrent earnings will continue to be constrained by low interest rates, a still substantial amount of non-earning assets and reduced business volumes. Weak recurrent earnings will also continue to inhibit their capacity to generate capital internally. Portuguese banks' funding and liquidity position has improved on the back of deleveraging and a stable retail deposit base, which has allowed them to continue to reduce their loan-to-deposit ratio and the use of wholesale and central bank funding.
    Read the Squawk
    DaCosta DaCosta
    "(...)opinions based on analyzes are very different from ideas based on the methodical observation of facts (...)" Parménides
    Clare MacCarthy Clare MacCarthy
    Not taking any sides, guys, but all of this would appear to fall within my definition of a fair and robust exchange of opinion. So in the...
    fxtime fxtime
    Clare if I am causing offence just say .... and I am happy to shut up LOL. Have a good evening mon amis.
  • Trade view / 19 February 2015 at 5:50 GMT
    Strategic trade

    Shareholders run for cover after Qihoo downgrade

    China Watcher / Shanghai
    After an analyst's downgrade yesterday, Chinese tech firm Qihoo fell 8.57%, but this fall in value doesn't take into account the strong mobile gaming revenue growth strong monetisation of their mobile user base, and revenue diversification
    Read the Trade View
  • Video / 02 September 2014 at 12:08 GMT

    Berger: Standby for a September slump?

    Serge Berger
    September has a bad reputation on trading floors, last year for example equity markets fell by around five percent in the first two weeks of September after an initial rise . But does the month which heralds the 'season of mists and mellow fruitfulness' deserve its bad boy image?
    watch video
  • Squawk / 22 August 2014 at 0:33 GMT
    Senior Analyst /
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
    Weekly Trading Forecasts on Major Pairs (August 25 - 29, 2014)

    Dominant bias: Bearish
    This pair has been able to maintain its bearish bias. In this kind of market, any rallies would proffer opportunities to sell short. Therefore, the current rally may be another short-selling opportunity, provided that it does not go above the resistance line at 1.3350. Any movement above that resistance line would mean the end of the bearish bias. Should the bearish journey continue, the price may reach the support line at 1.3200.

    Dominant bias: Bullish
    As it was expected – at least as a mandatory condition for the continuation of the extant bullish trend on the USD/CHF – the support level at 0.9100 has been breached successfully. After the breach to the upside, the price closed above that level, going further upwards.
    Read the Squawk
  • Squawk / 14 August 2014 at 10:44 GMT
    Senior Analyst /
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
    What You Need to Know about Strategies Accuracy

    “Markets change continuously. Therefore, I am constantly searching for trading setups that may improve my trading.” – Christian Lukas

    One of the most important aspects of a strategy is its accuracy percentage. High accuracy is more preferable than low accuracy, although it must be coupled with positive expectancy. A trader whose strategy is only 25% accurate can end up winning if she/he uses an RRR of 1:5, small sizes and run their profits. This is something that requires maturity and patience. On the other hand, a trader whose strategy is 75%+ accuracy can end up blowing his portfolio when she/he uses a worse expectancy like risking $20 to gain $2, doesn’t use stops, runs losses indefinitely and uses big sizes.

    Having said this, why would most traders still find trading so challenging despite the fact that they use stops and optimal lot sizes? The answers are not far-fetched.
    Read the Squawk
  • Video / 23 July 2014 at 12:52 GMT

    Garnry: Facebook a top pick at tipping point

    Peter Garnry
    Facebook is seen by Peter Garnry, Saxo Bank’s Head of Equity Strategy, as a top pick at a tipping point. The main reason being that it now has a business model which requires minimal capital investment and, to a large extent, overheads. The firm simply has to try to maintain its user growth. In Q1 the firm reported 1.28 billion monthly active users, up 15% year on year and 802 million daily active users, up 21% year on year. Q1 operating margin was 43%, up from 26% in the first quarter of 2013.
    watch video
    AlexC AlexC
    good analysis