20 September 2017 at 11:13 GMT
- NZD curve moving lower
- USD's losses are gold's gains
- FX crosses in tight ranges
Fed in focus. Photo: Shutterstock
By the Global Sales Trading team
- European equities mixed ahead of FOMC meeting (announcement due at 1800 GMT).
- Interest rate decision, press conference by Fed chair Janet Yellen are the main focus areas of the day. Investors expect details on the Fed’s plans to shrink its balance sheet.
- UK August retail sales beat expectations, posting a 1.0% gain versus 0.2% expected (month-on-month) and 2.8% versus 1.4% expected (year-on-year).
- Germany’s ThyssenKrupp and India's Tata Steel are said to agree on a joint venture that would create the number two steelmaker in Europe.
Please click on the attached PDF for the Saxo Bank Global Sales Trading team's overview of the mid-session movements seen in forex, equity, FX option, commodity, and bond markets.