14 November 2017 at 12:18 GMT
- EURUSD saw renewed strength after a series of positive macroeconomic news
- GBPUSD slipped to 130.82 and EURGBP hit a 0.8952 high after weak UK CPI
- The day is filled with data but core European 10-yr yields are stable today
- Gold trades lower after a high volume sell order hit the futures price
- Oil lower after the IEA paints a less bullish picture of the months ahead
Things are starting to look bleak on the British high street.Photo: 1000 Words/Shutterstock
By the Global Sales Trading Team
- Germany Q3 GDP data above estimates: Y/Y at +2.8% vs +2.3%estimated
- European equities slide on the back of EUR hitting the 3-week maximums
- UK inflation unchanged at +3% Y/Y missing +3.1% growth expectations
- European 10-yr yields stable today with Portuguese debt outperforming despite GDP data release missed the estimates
- Gold trades lower after a high volume sell order sent the price down by six dollars before stabilising.
Please click on the attached PDF for the Saxo Bank Global Sales Team's overview of the mid-session movements seen in forex, equity, FX option, commodity, and bond markets.
Mid-session Europe: November 14, 2017