Thursday at 12:21 GMT
- USD strength continues on tax reform and 2018 inflation hopes
- GBP sentiment still weak on lack of progress in Brexit/Irish border
- IBEX +0.5%, DAX +0.4%, CAC+0.2%, FTSE flat
- Gold still challenged by a stronger dollar and intense focus Bitcoin surge
- Copper sees just a limited bounce after its huge selloff
- Crude oil is recovering after trading lower yesterday
- Saxo Bank’s Outrageous Predictions for 2018 are out today.
Bitcoin's dizzy ascent continues. Photo: Shutterstock
By the Global Sales Trading Team
- European equity markets traded higher on Thursday after 2 days of weak performance.
- Germany October Industrial output -1.4% m/m vs. 0.9% expected.
- Citigroup CFO said the group may see a $20bln charge if Senate passes the US Tax Bill.
- GVC in talks to buy Ladbrokes Coral for up to 3.9Bln GBP.
- Bitcoin’s price soars above $15.000 in anticipation of futures listing by CME next week.
Please click on the attached PDF for the Saxo Bank Global Sales Team's overview of the mid-session movements seen in forex, equity, FX option, commodity, and bond markets.