27 September 2017 at 11:28 GMT
- European equity indices traded in positive territory on Wednesday as merger news, US cut tax plans added to risk-on sentiment
- Fed chair Yellen was quoted saying yesterday that moving on rates too gradually was not favourable
- This was interpreted as a signal that we could see a hike in December
- Siemens and Alstom signed an agreement to merge rail units in a merger of equals
- If approved by regulators this will become the region’s biggest deal in the transportation sector
- EURUSD remained under pressure while gold was back on the defensive after failing to break above $1315/oz.
Alstom train in Switzerland, soon the company is going to
merge its train business with German Siemens. Photo: Shutterstock
By the Global Sales Trading Team
Please click on the attached PDF for the Saxo Bank Global Sales Team's overview of the mid-session movements seen in forex, equity, FX option, commodity, and bond markets.