21 November 2017 at 12:18 GMT
- EURUSD mostly offered on German political developments.
- GBPUSD continues to see the 55-day moving average at a tech resistance.
- Scandie vol very bid, with spot in a roller-coaster move this morning.
- European bonds are rising with the UK, France, Italy and Spain 10-yr yields dropping
- European equities higher as market shrugs off likely German election
The prospect of another German election hasn't fazed equities. Photo: Shutterstock
By the Global Sales Trading Team
- Selloff in Turkish bonds continues as markets lost confidence in Central Bank’s ability to tackle the inflation
- European shares edge higher as markets shrug off the prospect of new elections in Germany. Retailers and telecoms, however, underperforming.
- Crude oil adopted a wait-and-see approach ahead of next week’s important Opec meeting on Nov 30. Brent crude currently being confined to a $61- $63 range.
Please click on the attached PDF for the Saxo Bank Global Sales Team's overview of the mid-session movements seen in forex, equity, FX option, commodity, and bond markets.
Mid-session Europe: November 21