14 September 2017 at 11:10 GMT
- GBP rises on BoE hold
- Gold steady above $1,321/oz support
- Stocks broadly lower
Cable's initial reaction to the BoE hold was positive. Photo: Shutterstock
By the Global Sales Trading Team
- Bank of England leaves rates on hold, voting 7-2 to keep them unchanged.
- Majority of BoE members see scope for stimulus reduction in coming months.
- French CPI for August in line with expectations.
- Swedish unemployment rate lower than expectated at 6% versus a forecast of 6.4%
- European car sales rose 5.5% in August
- Swiss National Bank maintains deposit rate at minus 0.75%.
Please click on the attached PDF for the Saxo Bank Global Sales Trading team's overview of the mid-session movements seen in forex, equity, FX option, commodity, and bond markets.