Brave new world or tulip mania? Ask the charts...
- "This time it’s different – it’s a new type of economy
- New technology has changed the environment
- This is a whole new way of doing business
- People don’t understand our business model
- Economic theory must to be rewritten
- Stocks are in melt-up, not melt down, mode
- Bullishness abounds with stratospheric forecasts
- They say Bitcoin can go to $50,000 or $100,000
- This will revolutionise currencies, trading and the entire financial world"
- Is volume supporting the upturn? Are all (or the majority of) stocks driving the market? After all, the fewer stocks that are driving the market higher, the more fragile the uptrend. Is sentiment or the social mood as it normally is near the peak ?
- It is the longest period of monthly gains ever seen in history. Not even in the roaring '20s did the market record this amount of consecutive months with a positive gain.
- We have the highest amount of days without a 3% drop in prices ever! And don’t we hear some of the same phrases as we have before?
— Edited by Clare MacCarthy
Kim Cramer Larsson is a technical analyst at Saxo Bank