Astra Zeneca and Pfizer: Five things you need to knowAngus Walker
As the Astra Zeneca Pfizer deal gets more bad tempered and political, what are the side effects of this massive drug firm deal? Here are five things you need to know:
- The deal is potentially worth around 100 billion dollars.
- American firm Pfizer is accused to only wanting to buy the British company Astra Zeeneca to take advantage of lower UK corporate rates.
- The proposed deal has split political opinion in the UK with opposition parties urging the government to intervene.
- The final say could end up with the European Commission, which could overrule the UK government.
- The Swedish finance minister warned to take Pfizer’s promises with “a sackful of salt”